Friday, September 21, 2012

A sunny sunday in Madrid! (Part 1 - El Rastro)

 
My time in Madrid was wonderful! I spent a great week with my "yaya" (granny) and her sister, they live together and are the most adorable couple ever! I really do miss the chess matches with my yaya, or them discussing fervent over wether the presenter of the tv quiz is handsome or not.
Now I am back home and in the process of moving into my first own domicile (a room in a student hostel), but more about that later this week :)

So what did I do in Madrid, except from meeting countless members of my family? Well, I walked through the streets till my feet were bleeding, literally! I started my city tour sunday at 10am and got home barely able to set one foot in front of the other at 7pm.

And here is my city tour in pictures

using the "metro" - in a short amount of time where ever you want to be in Madrid :)
I started my tour at the "rastro", one of europes most famous flea markets
I own a similar leather bag so I stopped myself from buying another... maybe I regret it now... just a bit...
You see this two beauties? Well, I bought the girl and continued walking through the streets. But as I passed the same booth again one our later, I heard her whining in my bag. She missed her other half, so I had to give in. Now they live happy together on my bookshelf :)
Somewhere between booths there was this amazing vintage shop!
It seems I found another personal heaven!
this shop was really romantic and magical...
I LOVE dollhouses and even more in pastels :)  (this is a different shop, a gypsy selled antique fabrics here - I wish I could have bought some, but it would have turned out difficult to take it home - hand baggage limits blabla)
the painting is cool... I didn't notice it till now :D
Yeah, the rastro is great! There is an area for antiques, there are booths with new stuff, shops with furniture, a plaza where people meet to exchange collectible cards/sticker etc.
The only negatives are, that it is a very crowded event and you should always be careful with your bag/wallet because there are organized pickpockets!

(City tour to be continued...)

I want to go back and buy them ALL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...